tHIS IS NOT YOUR AVERAGE BIRTH CLASS.
Proactive prenatal education designed with you in mind
If you know you want a vaginal unmedicated birth, I'm not going to spend a ton of time discussing medical pain relief or Cesarean birth - although we will do a brief overview of both. On the flip side, if you know you want an epidural, I won't devote a lot of time talking about laboring out of bed. If you have special circumstances around your pregnancy, I will create custom modules to fit your situation. Time is precious for all of us and I want to spend it giving you the resources that will benefit you the most.
Topics can include*:
- Nutrition and exercise in pregnancy
- Processes of pregnancy, including common challenges and complications
- Signs of labor
- Pain theory
- Relaxation techniques
- Stages and Phases of Labor
- Comfort measures and coping techniques for labor and birth
- How partners (if present) can help
- Medical pain relief
- Informed consent for medical procedures
- Communicating with Healthcare Providers
- Writing a birth plan
- Procedures taking place in a hospital setting
- Cesarean birth/VBAC
- Postpartum care of the birthing person
- Breastfeeding basics
- Managing expectations of the postpartum period
*Topics will vary based on individual client plan.
Covering all the bases
No one can predict the outcome of labor and birth. Messing with your birth plan is sometimes the baby's first way of showing you who's boss! But prenatal education is the best way to prepare for all scenarios. You will know how what to expect in your ideal situation, and if you are in an unexpected situation you aren't completely caught off-guard.
Class formats to fit your schedule
We know you're busy. That's why we offer our childbirth series in a number of different ways to accommodate any schedule. Our standard childbirth education class is twelve hours of learning, and are all available in-person, online via video conferencing, or a combination of the two. You can schedule your sessions as follows:
- Six 2-hour sessions
- Four 3-hour sessions
- Two 6-hour sessions
Need a different option? Contact me and we'll discuss how to make it work.